The Consumer Affairs Division (CAD), formerly known as Price Control Division, of the Department of Economic Planning and Development (JPKE), Prime Minister’s Office announced the launch of the Pengguna Bijak/Smart Consumer mobile application for consumers.
The main aim and key function of the mobile application is to educate and empower users to be smart consumers by providing a platform to compare prices of goods of daily necessities while also providing information on the prices of goods listed under the Price Control Act, Chapter 142. It will also introduce users to consumer related laws and a platform for lodging complaints, and contains informative educational material on consumer protection and price control related matters.
The mobile application which is developed by a local company, DotRoot Technologies Sdn Bhd, is available for download at the iTunes App Store for iOS users and the Google Play Store for Android users.
Game On Business Management & Services (Game On) brings you the very first PS4 FIFA 17 Tournament from the 3rd to 4th December 2016, at Mabohai Shopping Complex.
If you’re up for the challenge, register now until 3rd December 2016 by providing your Full Name, Contact Number and choice of session along with an entry fee of BND20. Each player will be entitled to a free drink & fries, courtesy of Burger King Brunei.
The winner will walk away with the grand prize of a brand new PlayStation 4 Slim (500GB), a PS4 Stix Gift Voucher and Game On merchandise!
Qualifying rounds will start on Saturday from 1pm to 9pm and on Sunday from 10am to 4pm. Knock-out rounds will be the last 32 players to the final starting from 5pm onwards (Sunday).
This event is brought to you with the supporting partners of Mabohai Shopping Complex, ETA Games @ Cineplex, PS4 Stix, Get It Enterprise, Instrutech Engineering, Burger King Brunei, and The Letterbox Co. The Official Social Media Partner for this tournament is RanoAdidas.
For more information, do contact Amar at +6738 849050
Game On Business Management & Services is an event managing company dedicated to organising video game tournaments in Brunei Darussalam, established in 2016.
Check out Game On’s official Instagram @ GameOn.bn for latest updates and more cool stuffs!
Progresif and Itsybytes with the Progresif brochure where some pages have augmented reality features. Check them out
Augmented reality is here….. Woohooo.. I’ve came across this at IT events a few years ago and I was kinda interested with this idea. Basically it turns one dimensional page alive 😀 All you need is an app and of course, the paper or brochure has to be programmed to create the 3D effect.
This morning I had the privilege to have a coffee talk with Progresif and Itsybytes, an IT company at Starbucks Coffee at Beribi.
Present were Roger Plahay, Progresif’s Chief Financial Officer, Devin Edwards, Progresif’s Chief Marketing Officer and the founder and representatives of Itsybytes.
Progressive partnered with Itsybytes to create an interactive feel to Progresif’s brochure which is published quarterly. So in the edition of Oct to December, some of the pages in Progresif’s brochure has elements of augmented reality which gives the readers a different experience on the knowledge while reading the brochure.
Devin believes that this will spur more creativity in Brunei alone and this will also helped SMEs to venture out with newer, creative ideas to get their message across to the community, using different kinds of reach. Progresif has been working closely with Itsybytes for a year and finally both of them have synergise their strengths to make it more impactful and meaningful for readers and also potential clients in the future.
Do check out the latest Progresif brochure and tell me what you think.
Some of the examples how the Augmented Reality will look like on your tablet or smartphone
The latest brochure from Progresif
It’s happening now until the 9th November 2016 at the ground floor of Hua Ho Manggis Mall. They are having an Electrical Roadshow and you can enjoy discounts on certain brands such as Tefal, Toshiba, Sony, Canon, Philips and many more.
There are some flat screens on sales as well. I’ve been eyeing on some brands since my LG one needs replacement. It’s the best time to shop and enjoy their discounts. I believe Tefal offers up to 15% discount and for other brands is 10% discount. For bonus items, there will be 20% discount.
So check out Hua Ho Electrical Roadshow at Manggis Mall. You can follow @huahosymb for more updates.
Those interested in SYMB Bonus card. Check out the details
Roughly almost 400 participants joined the Canon Photomarathon 2016 hosted by Interhouse Company and it was held at Serambi Batil Ballroom at the Brunei Handicraft Centre in town. I kinda like the venue here and it’s the first time I actually experienced the atmosphere here.
There will be three themes involved in this year’s competition and it’s a tradition to have three themes which lasts two hours each.
The Grand Prize will be the photo clinic in Japan which is worth USD5,000. There will be also prizes for each of the themes. The first prize will be a EOS 80D 118-55mm, the second prize will be the EOS M3 EFM 18-55mm and the third prize is the Pixma MG7770 AIO.
I also get the chance to feel the new EOS 5D Mark IV… It’s superb and lighter than my 3 year old camera, the 5D Mark III. The Canon’s newest EOS 5D Mark IV takes image quality to the next stage indeed. It also delivers a 4K performance.. Nooiceee.. It shoots at 7 frames per second and it has a built in wifi and in-built GPS. Let’s see if I’m ready for an upgrade. We shall see. I shall be posting the results of the Canon Photomarathon 2016 soon too.
Good luck, Mr. Kurapak!!!
I’m already in love in the first sight.. The Canon 5D Mark IV
It’s posing time 😀
Who will win the prizes sponsored by Canon?
Yuri Aoki, General Manager of My Space Gallery welcoming the media during Grohe’s soft launch at My Space Gallery showroom at Salambigar
Melissa Ong, Country Sales Manager of LIXIL Water Technology, Grohe (Malaysia)
Sometimes when we renovate our homes especially our kitchens or bathrooms/toilets, we don’t really pay much attention to the little minor details or even the quality of the said items because we take for granted that these are just items that are a necessity for our home needs.
Only recently I came across My Space Gallery and learnt many new things that they offer in terms of the quality of the product/brand they carry and also the after sales service. But I would say that the said company is more of a solution provider for home, office and building.
Two days ago, My Space Gallery showcased one of the strongest product, Grohe, and it’s a German-based premium sanitary fittings. I have to say I’m impressed with the brand during the product knowledge presentation by Yuri Aoki, General Manager of My Space Gallery, Melissa Ong, Country Sales Manager of LIXIL Water Technology, Grohe (Malaysia) and Balazs Kovacs of My Space Gallery. If only many of us are educated with such depth information, we will appreciate what Grohe is able to provide for consumers with quality and convenience assured.
Balazs Kovacs of My Space Gallery has very deep knowledge on the technical aspects of Grohe products
The Grohe Rainshower Smartcontrol shower
It has many great features and you can get a real feel at their showroom
Grohe Aquatunes have been earning good reviews. The waterproof bluetooth speakers 😀
Grohe has a motto or tagline “Pure Freude an Wasser” which means Pure Enjoyment of Water in German. If you want a good experience during shower, the Grohe brand is the ideal solution to your needs. The Grohe Rainshower Smartcontrol is one of its kind experience. They have different modes for different experiences in the shower alone. Even with a three button feature, it is still straight forward to operate. There is even a massage mode (not literally).
You can check out the functions of the Grohe Rainshower Smartcontrol at My Space Gallery showroom and you will get a clearer picture. This is one efficient and innovative shower technology that I’ve come across.
The Grohe Aquatunes is another innovative product. It’s a waterproof bluetooth speaker and it’s a collaboration between Grohe and Philips. Now you can shower, listening to your favourite music or podcast and your showering experience will be enhanced.
Do visit their showroom at Unit 1, Block A & B, Lot 60363, Kg Salambigar, Monday through Saturday from 9am to 5.30pm or call 8985787 for enquiries. You can also follow their Facebook Page and also their instagram @my_spacegallery
Now we all want this type of toilet in our homes
It looks like leather but it’s not. It will somehow make me extra careful when aiming :p
My Space Gallery at Salambigar
Officiating the relaunch of the store
Roger Plahay, Progresif’s acting CEO with his welcoming remarks
This morning, Progresif relaunched its flagship store at The Mall. It’s one of the store that hasn’t been revamped for a long time. The only one that didn’t change from the store are the windows and the shutter (in front). It was a complete revamped and now it has the Progresif feel and brand to it, complimenting to the other Progresif stores in Brunei Darussalam.
Present during the launch was Yang Mulia Edzwan Zukri bin Pehin Orang Kaya Johan Palawan Dato Seri Setia Hj Adnan, one of the board of directors of Progresif. Roger Plahay, Progresif’s acting CEO had a short welcoming remarks in conjunction with the launch.
He shared how the management made a commitment to their stakeholders, their staff and communities that they serve to usher in a new era of innovation for the ICT and telecommunications sectors in Brunei and they promised to support His Majesty the Sultan’s Vision of 2035.
When Progresif launch their brand, they asked one simple question “Are you Progresf. In just a span of 2 years, they have completely rebuilt the network and now they are expanding and rumours has it that the 4G is just around the corner. Currently they have grown from 20,000 to 150,000 subscribers and their staff count is up to 265.
Pretty soon you will notice a new headquarters for Progresif with better facilities. The new location reflects their brand and corporate culture. Another exciting things are such as the establishment of the their own Start-Up Lab where they will be incubating small businesses and working with partners such as UBD, iCentre and DARe.
Keep up the momentum, Progresif. For me, I can’t wait for the 4G network on Progresif 😀
Bob Gill, Progresif’s Chief Sales Officer briefing the media of the revamped store
A breakthrough plan for University students 😀
Date: 23rd October 2016 (Sunday)
Venue: Sarabi Batil Ballroom, Brunei Handicraft Centre
0800hrs – Start of Registration and collection of competition apparel
0900hrs – Announcement of Theme 1 and commencement of competition
1700hrs – Announcement of winners and prize presentation (subject to change based on judging process)
1. The Canon Photo Marathon Brunei 2016 (“Event”) is an event open to all.
2. Places are limited and will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis subject to receipt of a valid registration.
3. All information including personal information submitted by the participant to Interhouse Company. (“Organizer”) in connection with the event shall become the property of the Organizer. The participant is deemed to have given the Organizer authorization to use such information for any purpose (including market research, planning, data-processing, statistical and risk-analysis, research, fund-raising).
4. The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the event at any time without notice. In the event of such cancellation, the Organizer shall use reasonable efforts to inform the participant prior to the date of the event.
5. The stated event timings are subject to changes.
6. Participants must abide by the competition rules, and by any decisions made by the Organizer.
7. Participants under the age of 18 must obtain parental consent
8. The Organizer reserves the right to use any submitted photograph for any purposes without compensation to the participant.
9. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any participant who has infringed any of the competition rules.
10. Decisions by the Organizer and competition judges are final. No queries will be entertained.
11. Only photos taken by conventional digital cameras accepted.
12. All nationalities are welcomed.
13. The Organizer will not be held responsible or liable to any damage/injuries to equipment or persons arising from this event.
14. By participating in the Event, the participant is deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
Canon Photomarathon 2015
Canon Photomarathon 2015
Canon Photomarathon 2015
1. Participants will receive Theme 1 at approximately 0900hrs on 23rd October, 2016 at the Event Venue.
2. Participants must submit ONE picture deemed suitable for the Theme before the assigned deadline.
3. Theme 2 will be announced immediately after the deadline for Theme 1 submission has lapsed.
4. Theme 3 will be announced immediately after the deadline for Theme 2 submission has lapsed.
5. The Top three prizes will be awarded for each Theme.
6. Grand Prize will only be awarded to participants who have submitted photos for all 3 categories and will be judged as a whole.
1. All participants must wear the Canon apparel and ID provided during the event.
2. Participants can only use conventional digital camera during the Canon Photo Marathon, Brunei 2016.
3. All photographs submitted MUST be in JPEG format and sized to approximately 5MB.
4. Storage format accepted are CF / SD / MMC / XD / MS formats. Participants using other formats must supply their own relevant adaptors / drives for use during the submission of entries during the event. The Organizers will not be held responsible for the inability to read / download images.
5. All photographs will be judged based on the following criteria:
– Relevance to theme
– Creativity in theme interpretation
– Use of colors and light / shadows
– Composition of photograph
6. All submissions for each Theme must be completed before the announced allocated deadline. The Organizer reserves the rights to reject any submission once the deadline has lapsed.
7. All submitted photographs must be taken on 23rd October 2016.
8. Submitted photographs must not be altered by any editing software.
9. Participants must submit their entries personally. No proxy submission by any participant is allowed during the Event.
10. The Organizer will not be responsible for providing photographic equipment including camera, spare batteries, lenses or additional memory cards. All participants are expected to come prepared with all their photographic equipment.
Aizuddin Fakhri, co-founder and managing director of Techbru Solutions (Get It Done app), Devin Kho, a vendor promoting his photography services on the app, Hazwan Nasar, Marketing Officer at Techbru Solutions and Sharul Supri, Marketing & Sales of Techbru Solutions
Devin Kho won himself a Meizu phone as he was drawn as the lucky winner for being a vendor at Get It Done App.
So far the responses have been encouraging after two weeks of launch. The consumers have been registering to find out to see how useful the app can be if it comes to merging sellers and buyers. You don’t have to rely on checking IG on vendors or if you happen to forget. So my suggestions, to all the vendors on social media, to tap on this service. The only downside is that it’s not available yet for IOS but don’t fret as it will be coming to IOS in a few weeks or so.
Do register since it’s FREE and it’s open for Brunei, Singapore and Malaysia market too. So if you are freelancer or even running your own business, register for free on the Get It Done App (Google Play).
So far there are some creative freelancers and those in the beauty line that signed up for Get It Done app. One person that I know is Devin Kho, an experienced and sought for photographer, and he registered his services on Get It Done and be believes that this service is very useful especially when the consumers are looking for products and services. He also hoped for more vendors to sign up and this will give more choices for consumers. Guess what? Devin was also rewarded by the team behind Get It Done App for being one of the first subscribers as a vendor. He won himself a Meizu smartphone and this is part of the appreciation from TechBru Solutions (Get It Done) for signing up for their service.
The App itself is useful between vendors and consumers. You can chat, negotiate and order. What more can you ask for? This will help to improve the competitiveness between vendors and also bridge the connection between end users and SMEs.
Stay tune for more, follow us on Instagram @ and Facebook. Visit www.gogetitdone.com for updates!
The list of services you can post on Get It App
How it works and the steps if you choose a service or a vendor
How it looks like
Unboxing the Huawei P9 and let’s see what this beauty can do
Today I’m gonna talk about the camera of the Huawei P9. That’s the only thing I’m very familiar with when it comes to an Android phone. Mind you, I’m pro-Apple when it comes to smart phones. I’ve been an iPhone user ever since 2007/8. So to convert to Android, nah… I’m just used to Apple products and plus it connects seamlessly to my Macbook.
I have a back up smartphone Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and the camera itself takes better shots as compared to the iPhone 6. In this post, I will feature some of the shots taken on the Huawei P9, Samsung S6 Edge and iPhone 6.
Before I share my views, let me give the specs of the Huawei P9.
▪ Display: 5.2in display with a 1920×1080-pixel resolution at 423ppi
▪ Dimensions: 145mm x 70.9 mm x 6.95 mm
▪ Weight: 144 grams
▪ Storage: 32 or 64, plus support for microSD cards up to 128GB
▪ Memory: 3 or 4 GB RAM
▪ Processors: Kirin 955 2.5GHz 64-bit ARM-based processor
▪ Front camera: 8 MP with laser auto focus
▪ Rear camera: Dual 12 MP with laser auto focus
▪ Battery life: 3000 mAh
▪ Colours: Rose Gold, Prestige Gold, Titanium Grey and Mystic Silver
I love the fact that there are many functions on camera mode
It can also take close up or macro shots
Just look at the options on camera mode
What I truly love is the camera. Hands down. It is powered by Leica lens and hence the result of the photos are sharp and crisp. Furthermore, I love how it capture all the colours to make a photo stand out.
Besides that, the camera options are aplenty. It even has a DSLR setting such as the ISO setting and even aperture and the speed shutter. Now that’s an amazing feat for camera in a smartphone and I have yet to fully utilize the functions.
So yes the camera is the best package of the lot. No doubt. Sometimes it’s troublesome that I send my photos to my primary phone, the iPhone6 after taking photos on the P9. Lately my photos on my IG are taken using the P9 since it takes awesome shots.
Now the question is, will an Android phone make me convert from an iPhone just because it takes better photos? No.. for a few reasons. I believe the processor of the iPhone 6 is still better than the P9. I’m always fussy when it comes to speed. So yea, I can’t compromise speed with awesome camera. The other factor being is music. I download all my music on iTunes and supporting creativity. Android makes it trickier to buy music, the fact that I’m already familiar with iTunes.
But peeps, if you are hunting for a good camera phone, I would suggest the Huawei P9 #forthewin You can get a set at Progresif store if I’m not mistaken. I like the battery life too. A few things to love about the P9.
Taken using the iPhone 6. You can notice the glare at the back
Taken using the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. Slightly better than the previous one but the glare is still visible.
Taken using the Huawei P9. Now this shot has better result. Not only it’s sharper in colour but there is no glare at the back. The camera somehow ables to eliminate the glare. Amazing!
Taken using the Huawei P9
Taken using the iPhone 6