In 2020, the brand with the three-pointed star increased its unit sales by 12% and taking the top spot for the luxury automobile segment in Brunei.
More than half of the Mercedes-Benz sold by Jati Transport in 2020 were compact cars, with CLA being the best-selling model in this segment followed closely by the A-Class. With the introduction of the all-new GLA and GLB in the third quarter of last year, the growth within the compact cars segment is expected to continue.
In the performance automobile segment, the company delivered more than 50 units of Mercedes-AMG to customers in 2020, setting a new record and making Mercedes-AMG the number 1 performance automobile brand in Brunei. The growth was mainly due to the increased in demand for the AMG 35 and 45 model series.
The number 1 position in the premium luxury automobile brand was a result of the strong support of their valued customers and the great teamwork of their dedicated staff. Jati Transport took the opportunity to honour their top sales executives and long service employees at the Star Performer Awards ceremony.
The Top Sales Awards were presented by the Executive Chairman of Jati Transport – Yang Mulia Pg Anak Haji Ja’afar Ibni Al-Marhum Pg Pemancha Pg Anak Hj Mohd Alam.
The long service awards were presented by Mr. Andrew Chiam, Executive Director of Jati Transport.
Top Sales Awards
- Top Sales Overall Winner – HAJI MOHAMED FITZILA BIN HAJI MOHAMED YUNUS
- Top Sales Overall Runner Up – LUQMAN HAKIM BIN ABDULLAH
- Top Sales (Mercedes-AMG) – IVAN CHIA IK VOON
- Top Sales (Mercedes G-Class) – CHIEW YAN YAN
Long Service Awards
- 30 years – PG HJ SALLEHUDDIN PG BATARA
- 30 years – STEVEN CHONG MENG WATT
- 30 years – ZAIKIAH HJ ABDULLAH
- 20 years – LAW SIEW LANE (ANGELLA)
- 10 years – JERONIMO G CASTRO