Meet the Mercedes-AMG 43 family
A LINEUP OF SUPERSTARS. A FAMILY OF THOROUGHBREDS.
From the creators of the 45, 63 and 65 model lines comes MercedesAMG 43, eight high performance vehicles with AMG pedigree were introduced at Mercedes-Benz Autohaus, Beribi, yesterday. Fitted with numerous AMG enhancements, every vehicle screams “Drive me,” because in the AMG family, performance is king. From coupes and sedans to SUVs and roadsters, the power and handling of the 43 lineup beckon to the world’s most passionate drivers. All that’s left to do is grip the wheel and press the accelerator.
The 3.0-litre V6 twin-turbo engine provides impressive performance with its 270 kW (367 hp) maximum power and peak torque of 520 newton metres: sprinting from rest to 100 km/h in 4.7 seconds, its speed is electronically limited at 250 km/h. The newly developed front axle, the taut elastokinematics and the highly precise steering make a substantial contribution to the agile driving experience.
• 3.0-litre V6 twin-turbo engine with modified engine control unit, increased boost pressure and far higher dynamics and high-revving
• 9G-TRONIC automatic transmission with double-declutching function when shifting down and exhilaratingly short response times in “Sport Plus” mode
• AMG Performance 4MATIC all-wheel drive with rear-biased torque distribution of 31 to 69 percent (front axle to rear axle)
• AMG RIDE CONTROL sports suspension with adaptive variable damping in three stages, mode can be selected via button, adopted from MercedesAMG 63 series
• AMG DYNAMIC SELECT switch for dynamic, individually selectable driving experience with five drive modes and AMG-specific parameterisation
• Three-stage Electronic Stability Program ESP®
• Front axle with newly developed steering knuckles and load-bearing joints on the spring link. Elastokinematic adjustments to the links have been adopted from the Mercedes-AMG 63 series
• Rear axle with elastokinematics tailored to higher driving dynamics
Large braking system with internally ventilated compound brake discs, perforated at the front with a diameter of 360 mm, and with a diameter of 320 mm at the rear
AMG-specific: the 3.0-litre V6 twin-turbo engine
The new 3.0-litre V6 twin-turbo engine is part of the BlueDIRECT engine family from Mercedes-Benz. Technical advances including a modified boost pressure allowed the AMG engineers to increase the engine’s power output and torque as well as its dynamism and flexibility to typical AMG levels. With 270 kW (367 hp) and 520 Nm, the V6 engine sets new standards in its segment. The NANOSLIDE® coating of the cylinder liners is also used in the Formula One engines of MERCEDES-AMG PETRONAS. Especially tough and, therefore, wear-resistant, this coating also reduces friction, thereby contributing to higher efficiency. The AMG powerplant can be identified by the red aluminium insert in the engine cover.
Short shift times, high efficiency: 9G-TRONIC
The 9G-TRONIC automatic transmission is especially matched to the demands of the Mercedes-AMG 43. Thanks to the model-specific software application, the AMG developers managed to reduce substantially the shift times of the 9-speed transmission. The multiple downshift allows even faster short bursts of speed, while the double-declutching function in the “Sport” and “Sport Plus” transmission modes makes for an even more emotive driving experience. Defined ignition adjustments also provide faster gearshifts in the “Eco” and “Comfort” modes.
“Manual” mode can be enabled by pressing a button on the centre console. The gear changes are based on the selected transmission mode, and the driver can now change gear using the paddles on the steering wheel. Moreover, the transmission stays in the selected gear and does not automatically shift up when the engine speed reaches the limit.
Rear-biased and agile: AMG Performance 4MATIC
The standard-fit AMG Performance 4MATIC all-wheel drive combines optimum traction, hallmark AMG vehicle dynamics and maximum driving pleasure. The system features a rear-biased torque distribution of 31 percent to the front axle and 69 percent to the rear axle. This arrangement ensures greater vehicle dynamics and higher lateral acceleration on the road as well as improved traction as it uses the dynamic shift in the axle load toward the rear axle that occurs during acceleration to deliver more drive torque to the rear. A multi-disc clutch with a locking effect of 50 Nm guarantees that the frictional connection potential of all four wheels is exploited to the full. On road surfaces with different levels of grip, the all-wheel drive responds with targeted brake application on one wheel in order to also guarantee optimum traction in such instances.
The new Mercedes-Benz Autohas at Beribi
Tags: mercedes-benz, Jati Transport