Warning: Declaration of WarpMenuWalker::start_lvl(&$output, $depth) should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::start_lvl(&$output, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /home/rano365/public_html/ranoadidas3/wp-content/themes/yoo_corona_wp/warp/systems/wordpress/helpers/system.php on line 0

Warning: Declaration of WarpMenuWalker::end_lvl(&$output, $depth) should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::end_lvl(&$output, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /home/rano365/public_html/ranoadidas3/wp-content/themes/yoo_corona_wp/warp/systems/wordpress/helpers/system.php on line 0

Warning: Declaration of WarpMenuWalker::start_el(&$output, $item, $depth, $args) should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::start_el(&$output, $item, $depth = 0, $args = Array, $id = 0) in /home/rano365/public_html/ranoadidas3/wp-content/themes/yoo_corona_wp/warp/systems/wordpress/helpers/system.php on line 0

Warning: Declaration of WarpMenuWalker::end_el(&$output, $item, $depth) should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::end_el(&$output, $item, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /home/rano365/public_html/ranoadidas3/wp-content/themes/yoo_corona_wp/warp/systems/wordpress/helpers/system.php on line 0
Ranoadidas.com | Brunei's No 1 Social News » 2014 » August » 06

The Popcorn Panel

Download the soundcloud on your smart phone or listen to our movie podcast with my co-host @delgoh on the The Popcorn Panel online.

Follow me on Snapchat

Have you check out my Snapchat feeds? Simple - download Snapchat and follow my regular updates on my social life :D Username: Ranoadidas

Advertisement Rates

You can email at ranoadidas(a)gmail and I will reply you for the requested rates. This also includes rates for my social media platforms.

Archive for 06/08/2014


Das Auto

Written by Rano Iskandar. Posted in News


I need more “juice” 

RA says the hardest part is to get the ball rolling. The momentum hasn’t been great. Blog wise I mean. The same goes for jogging. Once you take that mini-break, it’s hard to get the rhythm back but it does take one small step and eventually and gradually, you will be back in shape in no time.

The same goes for blogging. Blogging for 11 years already a milestone. I have lost that essence of what my real blog is all about. For those who have read my pieces before (before as in 8 to 9 years ago), the content was purely based on my thoughts and also my personal diary of the things that I do with my daily life and my social network of friends.

At present, it’s a different ball game. 70 to 80 percent of my content is based on social events and happenings in Brunei and outside Brunei that can be related to my readers. I probably would say 95% of the time that is that case because I hardly pour any thoughts like I use to and even the “Ugly Truth” segments haven’t been prominent enough to make up that remaining 5%.

I recently stumbled upon the Bru Blah Blah blogspot and it has been a while since I read blog different blog contents other than the familiar ones we know. I find this blog quite hilarious as they are quite sharp in pointing of observations in our Brunei culture on the things we normally do. I recommend you to get the blog out. These are the kinds of contents that I kinda miss and crave for at times. One blog that came to mind was the classic “Memoirs of a Poklen” and that has some excellent writing with a blend of humour too.

These days, because of the rise of social networks, the number of bloggers have decreased tremendously. Once, we had like more than 1,000 blogs based on the listed ones on Simpur Nation. Now, I can count on my finger tips on the number of active bloggers in Brunei. Ok, maybe slightly more than 10 and that’s a huge difference compared to a 1,000 back in 2005/2006.

I’m currently outstation and we just completed our overseas assignment on the recent Volkswagen test drive and the best part was that we were given the opportunity to drive on Singapore road which I never had the chance to do before in my whole entire life despite the country being my second home.

So a big shout out to Volkswagen Singapore and @volkswagenbrunei (Maju Motors) for making this trip an enjoyable experience and guys, do stay tune to our full report on our experience of the Golf cars that we drove yesterday. For now, you can check out the hashtags #volkswagenbrunei #vwbrunei for updates on your recent test drive sessions.

Though it was a short trip, we had fun driving the different models of the Golf and of course, we had fun among each other’s company. Image courtesy of AnakBrunei

Our dinner was held at Carousel at Royal Plaza on Scotts and thank you Volkswagen Singapore for hosting and treating us to a great dinner.




August 2014
« Jul   Sep »

Ranoadidas Instagram Feed