TCY Motors as the sole Audi dealer/importer today invited members of the press and media to a preview of the much awaited new second generation Audi Q5 premium SUV at Little Soho yesterday. I’ve been mentioning of the new Audi Q5 in my social media and previous postings on my blog and I’m pretty sure everyone’s anxious with the latest addition to the Audi family.
Audi’s success story in the mid-sized SUV segment became its first model to sell over a million units in less than six years since its introduction in late 2008. It was Audi’s best selling model globally for 2013 and 2014.
The global success also caught on in Brunei- it was the best selling Audi model locally from 2010 to 2014.
Defined by a clear Q DNA identity shared by its siblings, the emphasis is on power, strength and width of the new Q5. As with its predecessor the strengths of the new Q5 are in the fields of design, driving experience and everyday usability.
The Audi Q5 is built for a better driver experience
One of the features that I like about the Q5
It’s very passenger oriented too
What’s new in the 2018 Audi Q5?
– New Q design language
– 3D radiator grille is the signature of the strong Q design DNA
– LED headlights and rear lights as standard
– New spacious interior with better headroom in front & rear
– Better ergonomics i.e. easier entering/exiting of vehicle
– New quattro technology standard for 4-cylinder engine models
– Adaptive air suspension for the first time with damper control
– Front and rear five link suspension (previously rear only)
– More power, less emissions
– 6 mode Audi Drive Select: standard with ‘offroad’ setting
– Up to 90kg weight reduction
– Best drag co efficient in its segment (0.30) same as Audi Q2
– Great entry/exit angle for off-roading (200mm ground clearance)
– New S tronic transmission to better handle more torque
– Better in vehicle noise reduction
Now you can plug your smartphone and display your apps and contents at your disposal
I can’t wait to test drive next week 😀
– Longer wheelbase and increased interior space
– Trunk space increased by 10 litres
– Automatic luggage door
– Better in car driver assistance equipment i.e. Audi Virtual Cockpit, MMI Navigation Plus with touch pad etc.
– B&O 3D sound system as standard
– New automatic air conditioning system (more intuitive operation)
The new Audi Q5 2.0 TFSI quattro S tronic will be launched early next month at the Audi Kiarong showroom with a product experience and test-drive. Test-drive participants will enter a lucky draw to win an exclusive Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay A1. The public is most welcomed to test drive and check out the new Q5.