Archive for September, 2019
Mercedes-Benz “Hungry for Adventure” from Bandar Seri Begawan to Miri
The participants that took part in the recent “Hungry for Adventure”
Off we go after being flagged off at the Mercedes Autohaus
Passing midway point towards Miri and there were around 21 Mercedes-Benz vehicles convoying on the adventure
First check point after the Miri toll to make sure everyone was in good hands
This was our destination, Borneo Tropical Rainforest Resort in Miri
After the entrance, it was a 4 KM gravel ride before we reach the actual resort area
Yay, we finally made it after the long gravel ride 😀
Briefing for the guests upon arrival at the resort
Customary group photo at the resort
We had a tour after lunch, walking around the resort area
We had a short boat ride
They were trying to look for dolphins but it was just a rumour
Jati Transport hosted a BBQ Dinner for the traveling guests and we also had two birthday celebrants
The energetic emcee during dinner
Group photo before our night nature walk
It was an hour walk with no lights apart from our phones and flash lights
It was pretty dark but it was a great walk
The following morning we had flying fox and water park activities
Rozetta becoming the first person to try the flying fox
They all had fun indeed on the flying fox
There was also the water slide at the water park
Test driving the latest Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV 300. Niiceeeee!!!
Zim, one of the participants, enjoyed the “Adventure” and he was glad to meet up with newer people and he enjoyed the nature
Justina Wang had high praises for Jati Transport and she loved how the event trip has been arranged. She recommended that Jati Transport customers to participate in their future events.
Hj Awang (left) hopes for a longer adventure with Mercedes-Benz owners and he was impressed with Jati Transport for the recent trip
Just a few weeks after unveiling the GLC SUV, Mercedes-Benz is presenting the GLC Coupé worldwide. But I am glad Jati Transport brought both the GLC SUV and the GLC Coupé together this time. Both are available for viewing at the Mercedes Autohaus at Beribi from today till Sunday.
The next generation of the successful model skillflully and intricately combines the sportiness of a coupé with the functionality of an SUV. The result is a vehicle for individualists who attach maximum importance to extraordinary looks, the greatest possible freedom and pioneering technology. Innovative technologies, intelligent driving assistance systems and a new engine line-up make the Coupé a paragon of sportiness, safety and efficiency.
All in all, both Mercedes-Benz GLCs have a facelift from the previous GLC 200 and 250 models and both GLCs are the 300 model too. The horsepower for both GLCs is 258 which is 30 more than the previous model. After facelift includes the LED High Performance headlamps and the rear lights as well. There is one version of the GLC Coupé 300 that sports an LED Multi-Beam headlight where there is extra lights when cornering.
The other variances of the GLCs are the diamond grille upfront for the standard and AMG version and let’s not forget that all the newer GLCs are equipped with the MBUX, the combination of touchscreen displays, navigation with augmented reality and of course, the voice command operated by saying “Hey Mercedes” which is now available in the GLCs. Only in the GLC Coupé 300, they have two digital panels including the cockpit whereas the GLC SUV 300 has one digital panel in the middle and an analog cockpit.
So make yourself available this weekend (Friday to Sunday) to view the latest GLC SUV 300 and the GLC Coupé 300. The only one available for test drive is the GLC SUV 300. It will be open from 9am to 5pm and refreshments will be provided.
The GLC SUV 300 Night Package
The GLC SUV 300 Night Package and the GLC SUV 300 AMG
Sitting inside the GLC Coupé 300
The GLC Coupé at a glance
• Expressive design: The stylish appearance of the new Coupé generation encapsulates the Sensual Purity design philosophy and combines the flexibility of an SUV with the sense of style and sportiness of a coupé. The A-pillars have a more pronounced slope, which lowers the roof silhouette. The model owes much of its extraordinary character to the diamond radiator grille, which is available in silver as standard or black in conjunction with the Night package, featuring a chrome trim incorporating formal elements of the underride guard. Further eye-catching features include the standard-fit LED High Performance headlamps with their torch design and unmistakable light signature. The elegant lines are drawn to a successful conclusion by the compact rear end featuring a new-look diffuser with underride guard and tailpipe trims as well as full-LED tail lamps.
• MBUX – Innovative telematics: The combination of the touchscreen displays, navigation with augmented reality, intelligent voice control via the talk button or the “Hey Mercedes” prompt, connectivity and the user interface makes the GLC Coupé state of the art.
• Suspension: As an alternative to the standard sports suspension with adaptive damping, DYNAMIC BODY CONTROL with infinitely adjustable dampers for the steel springs on the front and rear axle is available as an option. Depending on the driving situation, speed and condition of the road, the damping is controlled individually for each wheel in interaction with the engine, transmission and steering characteristics.
• Advanced assistance systems: Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC and Active Steer Assist provide even more comfortable support to help the driver to keep a safe distance and steer. The speed is adjusted automatically ahead of bends or junctions. Active Steer Assist helps with forming an emergency corridor and with changing lanes. The risk of potential collisions can be reduced by the turn-off function of Active Brake Assist by braking if the driver fails to see oncoming traffic.
• Drive system: The GLC Coupé comes with a choice of efficient four-cylinder petrol and diesel engines from the latest generation. The diesel engines already meet the requirements of the Euro 6d standard. The petrol engines are electrified by the integration of a 48-volt on-board electrical system (EQ Boost).
The new-generation GLC Coupé is a blend of exceptional and sophisticated features, further underlining its leading position with this combination of style and ability. At present, Mercedes-Benz has a very successful presence in the SUV segment with seven models (GLA, GLC, GLC Coupé, GLE, GLE Coupé, GLS, G-Class).
The GLC Coupé 300
Only this version of the GLC Coupé 300 has the multi-beam LED head lamps as compared to the other models that have LED High Performance headlamps
This colour looks beautiful on the GLC Coupé 300
The signing ceremony between BIBD and Progresif with Universiti Teknologi Brunei for the cashless service at the university premise with the Deputy Minister of Education as the witness.
Group photo after the MOU
Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB) recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam Berhad (BIBD) and Progresif Cellular Sendirian Berhad (Progresif) at the Lecture Theatre 2, Library Complex, UTB.
Present as the Guest of Honour at the event was Yang Mulia Datin Seri Paduka Dr. Hajah Romaizah binti Haji Mohd Salleh, Deputy Minister of Education, Ministry of Education. Also present were Yang Mulia Dr Awang Haji Azman bin Haji Ahad, Permanent Secretary (Higher Education) at the Ministry of Education as well as Yang Mulia Dr Awang Chin Wei Keh, Deputy Permanent Secretary (Higher Education) at the Ministry of Education.
Signing on behalf of UTB was the Acting Vice- Chancellor, Yang Mulia Awang Haji Ady Syarmin bin Haji Mohd Taib, witnessed by the Registrar and Secretary, Mr. Lim Chui Hua. Representing BIBD were the Deputy Managing Director, Yang Mulia Dayang Noraini binti Haji Sulaiman and the Head of BIBD’s Retail Banking Group, Yang Mulia Dayang Hajah Nurul Akmar binti Haji Mohd Jaafar as witness. Yang Mulia Mr. Paul Taylor, the Chief Executive Officer signed on behalf of Progresif with Yang Mulia Dayang Nurul Haniah binti Haji Mohd Jaafar, Chief Administration Officer witnessed the signing.
With a younger generation that is more likely to carry a smartphone than cash, this partnership hopes to be a driver for digital innovation by developing new digital banking products and services that will enhance the student’s banking experience.
Students will now be able to use Progresif Pay, which is powered by the BIBD NEXGEN platform, to make cashless payments across the entire campus. Businesses based at the campus will benefit from increased security and efficiency as they no longer need to manage large sums of cash.
Progresif’s Chief Executive Officer, Mr Paul Taylor said, “Progresif PAY is a key part of the driving process for a digital economy. The signing of the agreement with UTB is set to turn the university into the second cashless university in Brunei.”
Meanwhile BIBD Managing Director and CEO, Mubashar Khokhar welcomed the partnership saying, “Again, we are taking branchless banking to yet another level by FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ` providing access to financial services without the need to physically come to a BIBD branch. Today’s collaborative effort illustrates BIBD’s commitment to being Brunei’s economic partner of growth. Our aim has been to partner with industries beyond the financial sector, and to empower these sectors with banking and payment capabilities for better financial inclusion. This is in full support of Brunei Darussalam’s Smart Nation initiative and the goals of Brunei Vision 2035”.
UTB, acclaimed for being at the forefront of engineering and technological knowledge, welcomed the partnership with BIBD and Progresif. The implementation of the cashless campus initiative is aimed at providing greater convenience to students who can now transact without the need to bring cash, and paves the way towards a new digital lifestyle as the younger generation prepares for the Industrial Revolution 4.0 mindset.
Acting Vice- Chancellor, Yang Mulia Awang Haji Ady Syarmin bin Haji Mohd Taib With Progresif Cellular’s CEO Paul Taylor
Acting Vice- Chancellor, Yang Mulia Awang Haji Ady Syarmin bin Haji Mohd Taib With BIBD’s Deputy Managing Director, Yang Mulia Dayang Noraini binti Haji Sulaiman
Demo-ing Progresif Pay to the guest of honour