Just a few weeks after unveiling the GLC SUV, Mercedes-Benz is presenting the GLC Coupé worldwide. But I am glad Jati Transport brought both the GLC SUV and the GLC Coupé together this time. Both are available for viewing at the Mercedes Autohaus at Beribi from today till Sunday.
The next generation of the successful model skillflully and intricately combines the sportiness of a coupé with the functionality of an SUV. The result is a vehicle for individualists who attach maximum importance to extraordinary looks, the greatest possible freedom and pioneering technology. Innovative technologies, intelligent driving assistance systems and a new engine line-up make the Coupé a paragon of sportiness, safety and efficiency.
All in all, both Mercedes-Benz GLCs have a facelift from the previous GLC 200 and 250 models and both GLCs are the 300 model too. The horsepower for both GLCs is 258 which is 30 more than the previous model. After facelift includes the LED High Performance headlamps and the rear lights as well. There is one version of the GLC Coupé 300 that sports an LED Multi-Beam headlight where there is extra lights when cornering.
The other variances of the GLCs are the diamond grille upfront for the standard and AMG version and let’s not forget that all the newer GLCs are equipped with the MBUX, the combination of touchscreen displays, navigation with augmented reality and of course, the voice command operated by saying “Hey Mercedes” which is now available in the GLCs. Only in the GLC Coupé 300, they have two digital panels including the cockpit whereas the GLC SUV 300 has one digital panel in the middle and an analog cockpit.
So make yourself available this weekend (Friday to Sunday) to view the latest GLC SUV 300 and the GLC Coupé 300. The only one available for test drive is the GLC SUV 300. It will be open from 9am to 5pm and refreshments will be provided.
The GLC SUV 300 Night Package
The GLC SUV 300 Night Package and the GLC SUV 300 AMG
Sitting inside the GLC Coupé 300
The GLC Coupé at a glance
• Expressive design: The stylish appearance of the new Coupé generation encapsulates the Sensual Purity design philosophy and combines the flexibility of an SUV with the sense of style and sportiness of a coupé. The A-pillars have a more pronounced slope, which lowers the roof silhouette. The model owes much of its extraordinary character to the diamond radiator grille, which is available in silver as standard or black in conjunction with the Night package, featuring a chrome trim incorporating formal elements of the underride guard. Further eye-catching features include the standard-fit LED High Performance headlamps with their torch design and unmistakable light signature. The elegant lines are drawn to a successful conclusion by the compact rear end featuring a new-look diffuser with underride guard and tailpipe trims as well as full-LED tail lamps.
• MBUX – Innovative telematics: The combination of the touchscreen displays, navigation with augmented reality, intelligent voice control via the talk button or the “Hey Mercedes” prompt, connectivity and the user interface makes the GLC Coupé state of the art.
• Suspension: As an alternative to the standard sports suspension with adaptive damping, DYNAMIC BODY CONTROL with infinitely adjustable dampers for the steel springs on the front and rear axle is available as an option. Depending on the driving situation, speed and condition of the road, the damping is controlled individually for each wheel in interaction with the engine, transmission and steering characteristics.
• Advanced assistance systems: Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC and Active Steer Assist provide even more comfortable support to help the driver to keep a safe distance and steer. The speed is adjusted automatically ahead of bends or junctions. Active Steer Assist helps with forming an emergency corridor and with changing lanes. The risk of potential collisions can be reduced by the turn-off function of Active Brake Assist by braking if the driver fails to see oncoming traffic.
• Drive system: The GLC Coupé comes with a choice of efficient four-cylinder petrol and diesel engines from the latest generation. The diesel engines already meet the requirements of the Euro 6d standard. The petrol engines are electrified by the integration of a 48-volt on-board electrical system (EQ Boost).
The new-generation GLC Coupé is a blend of exceptional and sophisticated features, further underlining its leading position with this combination of style and ability. At present, Mercedes-Benz has a very successful presence in the SUV segment with seven models (GLA, GLC, GLC Coupé, GLE, GLE Coupé, GLS, G-Class).
The GLC Coupé 300
Only this version of the GLC Coupé 300 has the multi-beam LED head lamps as compared to the other models that have LED High Performance headlamps
This colour looks beautiful on the GLC Coupé 300