Date: 23rd October 2016 (Sunday)
Venue: Sarabi Batil Ballroom, Brunei Handicraft Centre
0800hrs – Start of Registration and collection of competition apparel
0900hrs – Announcement of Theme 1 and commencement of competition
1700hrs – Announcement of winners and prize presentation (subject to change based on judging process)
1. The Canon Photo Marathon Brunei 2016 (“Event”) is an event open to all.
2. Places are limited and will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis subject to receipt of a valid registration.
3. All information including personal information submitted by the participant to Interhouse Company. (“Organizer”) in connection with the event shall become the property of the Organizer. The participant is deemed to have given the Organizer authorization to use such information for any purpose (including market research, planning, data-processing, statistical and risk-analysis, research, fund-raising).
4. The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the event at any time without notice. In the event of such cancellation, the Organizer shall use reasonable efforts to inform the participant prior to the date of the event.
5. The stated event timings are subject to changes.
6. Participants must abide by the competition rules, and by any decisions made by the Organizer.
7. Participants under the age of 18 must obtain parental consent
8. The Organizer reserves the right to use any submitted photograph for any purposes without compensation to the participant.
9. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any participant who has infringed any of the competition rules.
10. Decisions by the Organizer and competition judges are final. No queries will be entertained.
11. Only photos taken by conventional digital cameras accepted.
12. All nationalities are welcomed.
13. The Organizer will not be held responsible or liable to any damage/injuries to equipment or persons arising from this event.
14. By participating in the Event, the participant is deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
Canon Photomarathon 2015
Canon Photomarathon 2015
Canon Photomarathon 2015
1. Participants will receive Theme 1 at approximately 0900hrs on 23rd October, 2016 at the Event Venue.
2. Participants must submit ONE picture deemed suitable for the Theme before the assigned deadline.
3. Theme 2 will be announced immediately after the deadline for Theme 1 submission has lapsed.
4. Theme 3 will be announced immediately after the deadline for Theme 2 submission has lapsed.
5. The Top three prizes will be awarded for each Theme.
6. Grand Prize will only be awarded to participants who have submitted photos for all 3 categories and will be judged as a whole.
1. All participants must wear the Canon apparel and ID provided during the event.
2. Participants can only use conventional digital camera during the Canon Photo Marathon, Brunei 2016.
3. All photographs submitted MUST be in JPEG format and sized to approximately 5MB.
4. Storage format accepted are CF / SD / MMC / XD / MS formats. Participants using other formats must supply their own relevant adaptors / drives for use during the submission of entries during the event. The Organizers will not be held responsible for the inability to read / download images.
5. All photographs will be judged based on the following criteria:
– Relevance to theme
– Creativity in theme interpretation
– Use of colors and light / shadows
– Composition of photograph
6. All submissions for each Theme must be completed before the announced allocated deadline. The Organizer reserves the rights to reject any submission once the deadline has lapsed.
7. All submitted photographs must be taken on 23rd October 2016.
8. Submitted photographs must not be altered by any editing software.
9. Participants must submit their entries personally. No proxy submission by any participant is allowed during the Event.
10. The Organizer will not be responsible for providing photographic equipment including camera, spare batteries, lenses or additional memory cards. All participants are expected to come prepared with all their photographic equipment.
Aizuddin Fakhri, co-founder and managing director of Techbru Solutions (Get It Done app), Devin Kho, a vendor promoting his photography services on the app, Hazwan Nasar, Marketing Officer at Techbru Solutions and Sharul Supri, Marketing & Sales of Techbru Solutions
Devin Kho won himself a Meizu phone as he was drawn as the lucky winner for being a vendor at Get It Done App.
So far the responses have been encouraging after two weeks of launch. The consumers have been registering to find out to see how useful the app can be if it comes to merging sellers and buyers. You don’t have to rely on checking IG on vendors or if you happen to forget. So my suggestions, to all the vendors on social media, to tap on this service. The only downside is that it’s not available yet for IOS but don’t fret as it will be coming to IOS in a few weeks or so.
Do register since it’s FREE and it’s open for Brunei, Singapore and Malaysia market too. So if you are freelancer or even running your own business, register for free on the Get It Done App (Google Play).
So far there are some creative freelancers and those in the beauty line that signed up for Get It Done app. One person that I know is Devin Kho, an experienced and sought for photographer, and he registered his services on Get It Done and be believes that this service is very useful especially when the consumers are looking for products and services. He also hoped for more vendors to sign up and this will give more choices for consumers. Guess what? Devin was also rewarded by the team behind Get It Done App for being one of the first subscribers as a vendor. He won himself a Meizu smartphone and this is part of the appreciation from TechBru Solutions (Get It Done) for signing up for their service.
The App itself is useful between vendors and consumers. You can chat, negotiate and order. What more can you ask for? This will help to improve the competitiveness between vendors and also bridge the connection between end users and SMEs.
Stay tune for more, follow us on Instagram @ and Facebook. Visit www.gogetitdone.com for updates!
The list of services you can post on Get It App
How it works and the steps if you choose a service or a vendor
How it looks like
Unboxing the Huawei P9 and let’s see what this beauty can do
Today I’m gonna talk about the camera of the Huawei P9. That’s the only thing I’m very familiar with when it comes to an Android phone. Mind you, I’m pro-Apple when it comes to smart phones. I’ve been an iPhone user ever since 2007/8. So to convert to Android, nah… I’m just used to Apple products and plus it connects seamlessly to my Macbook.
I have a back up smartphone Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and the camera itself takes better shots as compared to the iPhone 6. In this post, I will feature some of the shots taken on the Huawei P9, Samsung S6 Edge and iPhone 6.
Before I share my views, let me give the specs of the Huawei P9.
▪ Display: 5.2in display with a 1920×1080-pixel resolution at 423ppi
▪ Dimensions: 145mm x 70.9 mm x 6.95 mm
▪ Weight: 144 grams
▪ Storage: 32 or 64, plus support for microSD cards up to 128GB
▪ Memory: 3 or 4 GB RAM
▪ Processors: Kirin 955 2.5GHz 64-bit ARM-based processor
▪ Front camera: 8 MP with laser auto focus
▪ Rear camera: Dual 12 MP with laser auto focus
▪ Battery life: 3000 mAh
▪ Colours: Rose Gold, Prestige Gold, Titanium Grey and Mystic Silver
I love the fact that there are many functions on camera mode
It can also take close up or macro shots
Just look at the options on camera mode
What I truly love is the camera. Hands down. It is powered by Leica lens and hence the result of the photos are sharp and crisp. Furthermore, I love how it capture all the colours to make a photo stand out.
Besides that, the camera options are aplenty. It even has a DSLR setting such as the ISO setting and even aperture and the speed shutter. Now that’s an amazing feat for camera in a smartphone and I have yet to fully utilize the functions.
So yes the camera is the best package of the lot. No doubt. Sometimes it’s troublesome that I send my photos to my primary phone, the iPhone6 after taking photos on the P9. Lately my photos on my IG are taken using the P9 since it takes awesome shots.
Now the question is, will an Android phone make me convert from an iPhone just because it takes better photos? No.. for a few reasons. I believe the processor of the iPhone 6 is still better than the P9. I’m always fussy when it comes to speed. So yea, I can’t compromise speed with awesome camera. The other factor being is music. I download all my music on iTunes and supporting creativity. Android makes it trickier to buy music, the fact that I’m already familiar with iTunes.
But peeps, if you are hunting for a good camera phone, I would suggest the Huawei P9 #forthewin You can get a set at Progresif store if I’m not mistaken. I like the battery life too. A few things to love about the P9.
Taken using the iPhone 6. You can notice the glare at the back
Taken using the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. Slightly better than the previous one but the glare is still visible.
Taken using the Huawei P9. Now this shot has better result. Not only it’s sharper in colour but there is no glare at the back. The camera somehow ables to eliminate the glare. Amazing!
Taken using the Huawei P9
Taken using the iPhone 6
Finally it’s out in Brunei
iflix, the world’s leading Internet TV service for emerging markets, is thrilled to announce the launch of its revolutionary service in Brunei. From today, consumers can sign up for a 30-day free trial via iflix’s website, www.iflix.com, giving them unlimited access to thousands of the world’s best TV shows, movies and more on every device they own, with no credit card required and no obligations.
Each iflix subscription includes:
• Unlimited access to iflix’s vast library of thousands of first-run exclusive shows, award-winning TV series, blockbuster movies, popular local and regional content, children’s programs and much more;
• Access to iflix on up to 5 devices at once, including phones, tablets, laptops, desktops, TVs and other connected devices;
• The ability to download TV shows and movies to any phone, tablet or mobile device to binge-watch offline, when not connected to the Internet;
• The ability to share their iflix subscription with family or friends and watch shows on two different devices at the same time.
Mr. Robot _2.0 on iflix
Mark Britt, iflix Group Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer commented: “Over the last few months we have received exceptional demand and requests to make our service available in Brunei. We are thrilled share that from today, TV lovers in Brunei now can have unlimited access to iflix’s world class service and library of thousands of top TV shows, movies and more all for one unbelievably low price!”
With over 150 studio and distributor partnerships, iflix offers subscribers the largest selection of iconic, critically acclaimed TV series and fan-favourite films both internationally and locally available in the region. Amongst the hundreds of top shows now available on iflix are every episode of Friends, The O.C. and Gossip Girl, nine seasons of Big Bang Theory, hugely popular current shows The Flash, Arrow, Gotham, 2 Broke Girls, The 100, The Originals, Pretty Little Liars, and many more.
iflix additionally offers an incredible catalogue of kids content, including Yo Gabba Gabba, Dora the Explorer, Spongebob Squarepants, Mr. Bean Animated and much more. Multi Emmy® winning US phenomena Mr. Robot, every season of multi-award winning, highly acclaimed Fargo, and this year’s smash hit The Magicians joins iflix’s growing library of exclusive, first run series, to be made available for the first time in Brunei.
Monthly retail subscriptions for one month of unlimited access to iflix will be priced at an, amazing BND 4 only. Annual subscriptions will receive a 20% discount off the monthly rate and are priced at incredible BND 38 per year. It’s way cheaper than the Netflix I pay every month.
Now available in Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Indonesia, Sri Lanka and Brunei, iflix will continue to roll out its world-class service to key additional emerging markets in the coming months. You can follow their updates on Facebook and also on their instagram @iflixbn
The Last Ship