Posts Tagged ‘canon’
Hj Muhammad Safwan bin Hj Awang Sulaiman the grand winner receiving the prize from Vincent Goh, Deputy Managing Director of Interhouse Company
He may not be placed in any of the top 3 categories of the Canon Photomarathon 2018 hosted by Interhouse Company but Hj Muhammad Safwan bin Hj Awang Sulaiman bagged the grand prize of a ticket to Japan for the Canon Photomarathon Asia Champion 2018.
Around 400 participants signed up for Sunday event that lasted 8 hours before the winners were announced. This was probably the biggest turnout of all the Canon Photomarathon organized by Interhouse Company.
At the same time, Interhouse Company also unveiled their latest product which I’m also eyeing at – the Canon EOS R. Yum, Yum… It’s a pretty solid camera and the first mirrorless full frame EOS from Canon line-up. It is also supported with new RF lenses and you can still use the current/older EF lenses with a mount adapters.
Congratulations once again to the winners of this year’s Canon Photomarathon 2018.
Team Interhouse Company did it again, year after year. Kudos on the great show once again!!!
The audience waiting for the results
Safwan Sidek and Ruby Chong also competed this year
The emcee Zayn entertaining the audience with his charm as usual
The top three winners of the Bandarku Ceria category
Hamdilah Kamaludin – 1st for Bandarku Ceria Theme
Saifulizam Zambor – 2nd for Bandarku Ceria Theme
Muhammad Abdul Malek Ridwan – 3rd for Bandarku Ceria Theme
Winners of the Local Delicacy Theme
Azman Yakob – 1st for Local Delicacy Theme
Azman Yakob Masadezam Masle – 2nd for Local Delicacy Theme
Nicolas Tju – 3rd for Local Delicacy Theme
Winners of the Creativity Theme
Qawi Zulkipli – 1st for Creativity Theme
Michael Ruiz – 2nd for Creativity Theme. My favourite photo of the lot.
Julian Lysee – 3rd for Creativity Theme. The only lady among the winners.
Hj Muhammad Safwan’s photos that made him the grand winner
Abang Md Saifulizam bin Abang Zamhor (right) was the grand winner of the Canon PhotoMarathon Brunei Darussalam 2017. Congratulations buddy 😀
The winners of the Canon PhotoMarathon Brunei Darussalam 2017 with the judges
Abang Md Saifulizam bin Abang Zamhor has emerged as the grand prize winner of the Canon PhotoMarathon Brunei Darussalam 2017 last Sunday, winning himself an all-expense paid photography trip across Japan as part of the PhotoMarathon Asia Championship, travelling alongside winners from 12 others countries. Three of his photos were selected by the judges in the Top 20 pick. Well done, buddy!!
The Canon PhotoMarathon is always a popular event, attracting more than 300 participants where they were given three themes and the images will be reviewed among the four invited judges by Interhouse Company.
The winners are as follows:-
“Left Behind” theme
1st place – Ling Yang Hui
2nd place – Awangku Fathur Rahman bin Pengiran Haji Mohammad
3rd place – Abang Md Saifulizam
“Upside Down” theme
1st place – Masadezam bin Masle
2nd place – Lim Kian Chiong
3rd place – Codie de Vera Canezo
“The moment” theme
1st place – Nurhani Basirah binti Haji Chipli
2nd place – Shah Faisal bin Mohd Yakob
3rd place – Pengiran Haji Mohd Heris bin Pengiran Mohammed
1st place – Ling Yang Hui for Left Behind theme
2nd place – Awangku Fathur Rahman bin Pengiran Haji Mohammad for Left Behind thee
3rd place – Abang Md Saifulizam for Left Behind theme
Ling Yang Hui receiving his first prize for Left Behind theme
3rd place – Codie de Vera Canezo for Upside Down theme
2nd place – Lim Kian Chiong for Upside Down theme
1st place – Masadezam bin Masle for Upside Down theme
Masadezam bin Masle receiving his first prize for Upside Down theme
3rd place – Pengiran Haji Mohd Heris bin Pengiran Mohammed for The Moment theme
2nd place – Shah Faisal bin Mohd Yakob for The Moment theme
1st place – Nurhani Basirah binti Haji Chipli for The Moment theme
Interhouse Company Deputy Managing Director Vincent Goh and Wrixon Wong, Canon Singapore Pte Ltd gave the grand prize to Abang Md Saifulizam bin Abang Zamhor. He was a bit surprised during the short interview. He didn’t expect anything and he even decided to join the competition in the final minute. He trusted his old classic Canon EOS 40D and his kit lens for his chosen shots.
Well done to Interhouse Company for another great contest.
Md Saifulizam with his Canon EOS 40D with his kit lens
He was still scratching his head that he won the grand prize
Md Saifulizam’s shot that got selected
Md Saifulizam’s shot that got selected
Hello Hasmin. Good to see you again 😀
Steven Goh behind the scene
The associates of Interhouse Company
Roughly almost 400 participants joined the Canon Photomarathon 2016 hosted by Interhouse Company and it was held at Serambi Batil Ballroom at the Brunei Handicraft Centre in town. I kinda like the venue here and it’s the first time I actually experienced the atmosphere here.
There will be three themes involved in this year’s competition and it’s a tradition to have three themes which lasts two hours each.
The Grand Prize will be the photo clinic in Japan which is worth USD5,000. There will be also prizes for each of the themes. The first prize will be a EOS 80D 118-55mm, the second prize will be the EOS M3 EFM 18-55mm and the third prize is the Pixma MG7770 AIO.
I also get the chance to feel the new EOS 5D Mark IV… It’s superb and lighter than my 3 year old camera, the 5D Mark III. The Canon’s newest EOS 5D Mark IV takes image quality to the next stage indeed. It also delivers a 4K performance.. Nooiceee.. It shoots at 7 frames per second and it has a built in wifi and in-built GPS. Let’s see if I’m ready for an upgrade. We shall see. I shall be posting the results of the Canon Photomarathon 2016 soon too.
Good luck, Mr. Kurapak!!!
I’m already in love in the first sight.. The Canon 5D Mark IV
It’s posing time 😀
Who will win the prizes sponsored by Canon?
Date: 23rd October 2016 (Sunday)
Venue: Sarabi Batil Ballroom, Brunei Handicraft Centre
0800hrs – Start of Registration and collection of competition apparel
0900hrs – Announcement of Theme 1 and commencement of competition
1700hrs – Announcement of winners and prize presentation (subject to change based on judging process)
1. The Canon Photo Marathon Brunei 2016 (“Event”) is an event open to all.
2. Places are limited and will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis subject to receipt of a valid registration.
3. All information including personal information submitted by the participant to Interhouse Company. (“Organizer”) in connection with the event shall become the property of the Organizer. The participant is deemed to have given the Organizer authorization to use such information for any purpose (including market research, planning, data-processing, statistical and risk-analysis, research, fund-raising).
4. The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the event at any time without notice. In the event of such cancellation, the Organizer shall use reasonable efforts to inform the participant prior to the date of the event.
5. The stated event timings are subject to changes.
6. Participants must abide by the competition rules, and by any decisions made by the Organizer.
7. Participants under the age of 18 must obtain parental consent
8. The Organizer reserves the right to use any submitted photograph for any purposes without compensation to the participant.
9. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any participant who has infringed any of the competition rules.
10. Decisions by the Organizer and competition judges are final. No queries will be entertained.
11. Only photos taken by conventional digital cameras accepted.
12. All nationalities are welcomed.
13. The Organizer will not be held responsible or liable to any damage/injuries to equipment or persons arising from this event.
14. By participating in the Event, the participant is deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
Canon Photomarathon 2015
Canon Photomarathon 2015
Canon Photomarathon 2015
1. Participants will receive Theme 1 at approximately 0900hrs on 23rd October, 2016 at the Event Venue.
2. Participants must submit ONE picture deemed suitable for the Theme before the assigned deadline.
3. Theme 2 will be announced immediately after the deadline for Theme 1 submission has lapsed.
4. Theme 3 will be announced immediately after the deadline for Theme 2 submission has lapsed.
5. The Top three prizes will be awarded for each Theme.
6. Grand Prize will only be awarded to participants who have submitted photos for all 3 categories and will be judged as a whole.
1. All participants must wear the Canon apparel and ID provided during the event.
2. Participants can only use conventional digital camera during the Canon Photo Marathon, Brunei 2016.
3. All photographs submitted MUST be in JPEG format and sized to approximately 5MB.
4. Storage format accepted are CF / SD / MMC / XD / MS formats. Participants using other formats must supply their own relevant adaptors / drives for use during the submission of entries during the event. The Organizers will not be held responsible for the inability to read / download images.
5. All photographs will be judged based on the following criteria:
– Relevance to theme
– Creativity in theme interpretation
– Use of colors and light / shadows
– Composition of photograph
6. All submissions for each Theme must be completed before the announced allocated deadline. The Organizer reserves the rights to reject any submission once the deadline has lapsed.
7. All submitted photographs must be taken on 23rd October 2016.
8. Submitted photographs must not be altered by any editing software.
9. Participants must submit their entries personally. No proxy submission by any participant is allowed during the Event.
10. The Organizer will not be responsible for providing photographic equipment including camera, spare batteries, lenses or additional memory cards. All participants are expected to come prepared with all their photographic equipment.